Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I Slipped...

December 30, 2015

I have been working on a blog post for MONTHS, cheering for the fact that I had conquered my stash. In it I brag that the last time I bought yarn was in June 2015. I was pretty pleased about that. And I have been diligently working through my stash and getting through a lot of projects, re-assigning yarn and just feeling right properly organized and not a little virtuous.

And then Robyn sent out a shop update.... damn it!

We have new yarn collection in the shop by Artfil, our local eco-friendly handdyer. The new collection is composed of 10 self-striping shades called Cocktail. Every colour is a replication of existing layered cocktail/smoothie or jello shots. The corresponding recipe is printed on the back of the label which is bilingual. The yarn is composed of 80% Superwash Merino/20% Nylon with a gauge/tension of 28-32 stitches on a 2.5mm or 2.75mm needle. The yarn also looks great knitted up on a 3.00mm. They are 50g skeins, with 177m/194 yards. One skein is enough to make a hat, or a large man’s sock. You will require 2 skeins to make a pair of socks.

I am not particularly partial to cocktails, but SERIOUSLY - could YOU resist this yarn??? I wanted pretty much all of it! But I settled for Zest, Watermelon and Love Potion.


Now that I am done Aunt Janet's sweater and nearly done the Pitter Pattern Shawl that I am test knitting, I'm going to indulge in socks socks socks! My plan is to master the Fish Lips Kiss heel AND perhaps try knitting on dpns... maybe ;)

Such pretty yarn! Robyn..... thank you again for being my favourite enabler!

(PS - my only other Boxing Day shopping was for a new Joystick for the PS4, so I kinda think I deserve this!) 

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

The Artfil Cocktail yarn is just wonderful. Hope you like it!