Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Books of 2013


A pretty good year for books. Read 27 this year. Not quite the 50 I had hoped for. And two less than last year. But I finished something like 8 quilts and a tone of knitting. And I quit using my Kindle (the boys thought I was playing video games!) so it was hard to craft and read at the same time. Would like to do better this year. But I've already started a new quilt so we'll have to see.....
I kind of like that I started the year with Karen Swan and finished the year with her too. I love her books. They are perfect at Christmas and thoroughly enjoyable. She was at our local Indigo this December so I got signed copies of The Perfect Present and Christmas at Claridges. I read the first in a couple of days but I'm saving the second. It's been a long "holiday" so far and I'm passing out at bedtime. I want to read it when I can properly enjoy it!
  1. (January) Christmas at Tiffany's - Karen Swan (ebook) - LOVED it. Reminded me of all the things I liked about Sex and the City
  2. The Light Between Oceans - M.L. Stedman (beautiful book, but I haven't cried that hard in ages)
  3. When the Cookie Crumbles - Virginia Lowell (a nice light murder mystery to cheer me up!)
  4. (February) Pope Joan - Donna Woolfolk Cross (excellent book! gets a little far-fetched, but a good read)
  5. Death By Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  6. (March) Red Velvet Cupcake Murder - Joanne Fluke
  7. (April) Flanagan's Run - Tom McNab (excellent, excellent, excellent book. About the third time I've read it. Cannot recommend it more!)
  8. Rotten to the Core - Sheila Connolly  
  9. Red Delicious Death - Sheila Connolly
  10. A Killer Crop - Sheila Connolly
  11. Bitter Harvest - Sheila Connolly
  12. (May) Sour Apples  - Sheila Connolly
  13. Pumped for Murder - Elaine Viets
  14. Beeline to Trouble - Hannah Reed
  15. Wool - Hugh Howey (So happy to be done this one! Took forever to get into and then completely stressed and clausterphobic as I read the last 50%. Good book, just a lot of suspense! Not sure I will survive the movie) 
  16. (Sunday August 4)  - Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen - Christopher McDougall. GOOD READ! Started May 24 weekend and took forever. Kept looking up the different people and information online and getting sidetracked. Like reading multiple books at one time. Makes you want to become a vegan, toss your shoes ad grab your buddies and go out for a 100-mile run (provided you could find buddies who would go with you!)
  17. Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon 
  18. Couplehood - Paul Reiser  
  19. A Family Affair - Debbie Macomber
  20. Thread and Buried - Janet Bolin
  21. Last Wool and Testament - Molly MacRae
  22. Dyeing Wishes - Molly MacRae
  23. The Baker Street Letters - Michael Robertson
  24. The Brothers of Baker Street - Michael Robertson --> A good series. About two brothers who rent the offices of 221B Baker street and as part of their lease agreement, must respond to letters sent to Sherlock Holmes
  25. Starting Now - Debbie Macomber
  26. The Perfect Present - Karen Swan
  27. A Holiday Yarn - Sally Goldenbaum 

No comments: