Blog Archive

Thursday, March 7, 2013

50 Books this Year

I have been reading about the 50 Book Pledge on Knit & Purl Mama's blog and think it sounds like a tone of fun. I always keep a list of my books for the year (2011 and 2012) and last year I think I reached an all-time high of 30. Actually, that's not true. In the 9th grade I won an award for reading 207 books. But I think that's a little unlikely now, unless I'm allowed to count the Captain Underpants Series and all the Berenstain Bears, twice.

So far this year I've read some really good books, but so far, only five. I was telling K&P that this year my reading is suffering as I've quit my Kindle app. I miss reading on my ipod/ipad. But my five-year old was CONVINCED that I was playing video games and not really reading and this felt like such a bad example that I've put a ban on screens. This means that I have to remember to BRING my books with me (I always have my ipod in my bag, its used for many other things. And in case you're wondering, I don't have an iphone because I'm already on my fourth phone THIS YEAR and I'm not allowed to have another expensive one until A is bigger. Two have ended up in toilets. Sigh). So I'm back to reading hard copy. I actually like it. And I find I get fewer headaches. But it's slow. And I can't read and knit. And I need a light. So I'm behind on any sort of goal for the year and WAY behind K&Ps current average of 1.5 books a week. So jealous. But I'm going to work on it.

Just got a nice jolly box in the mail from Indigo. March Break is this week. Lets see what kind of damage I can do ;)

No comments: